Professor Nick Panay
Founder and Director
BSc MBBS FRCOG MFSRH
Areas of Expertise
Prof Nick Panay is a Consultant Gynaecologist with a special interest in Reproductive Medicine, Menopause and Menstrual Disorders.
- Consultant Gynecologist, Subspecialist in Reproductive Medicine
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professor of Practice, Imperial College London
- Guest Professor, Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University.
Qualifications and Employment (training)
As director of the Menopause & PMS Centres at Queen Charlotte’s and Imperial College London, Nick leads a busy clinical and research team which publishes widely, presents at scientific meetings and trains health professionals at all levels.
He and his team of research fellows and nurses run an active research programme consisting of translational, clinical and pharmaceutically sponsored research in menopause, premature ovarian insufficiency, premenstrual syndrome, androgens and contraception.
Nick has authored more than 200 peer reviewed publications with more than 10000 citations to date and has a Google Scholar h index of 49. He presents at numerous national and international conferences, as an invited keynote and plenary speaker.
Through his work with several societies, councils and women’s groups he campaigns actively for women’s health issues both nationally and internationally. His affiliations include:
- President, International Menopause Society
- Past Chairman, British Menopause Society (BMS)
- Medical Advisory Council Member, BMS
- Chairman, National Association for Premenstrual Syndromes
- Clinical Advisory Board Member, International Association for Premenstrual Disorders
- Patron, Daisy Network
- Past Honorary Director of Conferences, Past Council Member, RCOG
- Past President, Current Council Member, Royal Society of Medicine (O & G Division)